Swap the beaches of Spain for the mystique of Morocco on a leisurely seven-day excursion from the Costa del Sol. With a week to explore Morocco, you’ll see the country’s top cities and attractions. Take intriguing tours of Fez, Meknes, Marrakech, Casablanca, Rabat and Tangier, and enjoy free time to discover more on your own on this extended week-long tour. Choose from three-star or four-star hotel accommodation for all six nights.
- Breakfast included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Your seven-day excursion from the Costa del Sol to Morocco’s top six cities highlights the country’s rich history and heady culture. From palaces, mosques and medinas to beaches, gardens and mountains, you’ll see and experience the best of Fez, Meknes, Marrakech, Casablanca, Rabat and Tangier. You have your choice of standard (three-star) or superior (four-star) accommodation; breakfast is included, as are a few other meals.
Please see the Itinerary section below for details on each day of the tour.
Day 1: Costa del Sol to Fez (D)
After boarding your comfortable coach, head for the Strait of Gibraltar, which you’ll cross by ferry. Arrive in Fez, the spiritual and cultural center of Morocco, and renowned for the splendor and beauty of such monuments as the Royal Palace and Medina. You’ll be taken to your hotel to enjoy dinner and an overnight stay.
Accommodation: Menzeh Zalagh or Sofia (three-star), Royal Mirage or Parc Palace (four-star) in Fez
Day 2: Fez (B, L)
After breakfast at your hotel, take a city tour of Fez, the most ancient of Morocco’s imperial cities. Take in the Royal Palace, the Christian and Jewish quarters, and the winding alleyways of the Medina (Old City). After lunch, spend the afternoon at your leisure. In the evening take in a dinner and show (optional, own expense), then return to your hotel for another overnight stay.
Accommodation: same hotel in Fez
Day 3: Fez - Meknes - Marrakech (B, D)
After breakfast, take a comfortable coach ride to Meknes, en route to Marrakech. In Meknes, enjoy a short panoramic tour, taking in the famous Mansour Gate, palaces, mosques, gardens and lakes of this ancient walled city. Then, traveling via Beni Mellal, relax on a scenic drive to Marrakech, for dinner at your accommodation.
Accommodation: Atlas Asni (three-star) or Atlas Medina (four-star) in Marrakech
Day 4: Marrakech (B, L)
After breakfast at your hotel, explore the city of Marrakech, overlooked by the snow-capped High Atlas Mountains. This dramatic southern city is home to fortune tellers and snake tamers, towers, tombs and garden oases. Your Marrakesh tour includes the city’s famous sights, including the Koutoubia Tower, the royal Saadian Tombs, Bahia Palace and bustling Djena El Fna square, where acrobats tumble, tea-sellers wander and dancers perform. Spend the afternoon at your leisure, and in the evening take in an optional dinner and show (own expense) at Chez Ali Fantasia, before returning to your hotel for another overnight stay.
Accommodation: same hotel in Marrakech
Day 5: Marrakech - Casablanca - Rabat (B, D)
Following breakfast, prepare to visit Casablanca, Morocco’s business capital and the city forever linked with the names Bogart and Bergman. A short panoramic tour highlights the city’s Hasan II Mosque with its soaring minaret, the old Medina, central Mohamed V square and beguiling French-influenced architecture. Then enjoy a comfortable drive to Rabat, for dinner and your night’s accommodation.
Accommodation: Chellah (three-star) or Golden Tulip or Rabat (four-star) in Rabat
Day 6: Rabat - Tangier (B, D)
Follow breakfast with a city tour of Rabat, surrounded by beautiful beaches, and blending Islamic and European influences. On the city tour you’ll see such famous monuments as the Mohamed V Mausoleum and Hassan Tower. Then travel via Larache to Tangier by coach. Take a short panoramic tour of Tangier’s palm-fringed beaches, mosques and shopping souks, before enjoying dinner and accommodation at your hotel.
Accommodation: Atlas Almohades (three-star) or Solazur or Rif (four-star) in Tangier
Day 7: Tangier - Costa del Sol (B)
After breakfast, spend some free time in Tangier before transferring to the ferry port to cross the Strait of Gibraltar to Spain and the Costa del Sol, where your seven-day tour of Morocco ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults; in the case of 3 adults and 1 child, 2 twin rooms will be required
- Infants aged 3 years and under are free of charge, providing they do not occupy a seat on the bus. Please note, any expenses incurred at the hotel (i.e. cot, meals, etc) should be paid directly to the hotel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- There is no bathroom on the coach
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase
- Passengers must pass the customs control with their luggage
- There is no camel ride scheduled on the tour nor free time to do so
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Six nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to Costa del Sol at approximately 6pm