See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Alhambra palace complex by land and air on this private sightseeing tour from Granada! Led by a knowledgeable guide, your tour includes a walk around all the top Alhambra sites like Alcazaba Fortress and the Nasrid Palaces, time at leisure in Granada, and a 30-minute private sightseeing flight by plane.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Instant Confirmation
Leave your central Granada hotel by luxury minivan and head to the hills to begin your private tour of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Alhambra palace complex. Built in the 10th century, Alhambra has been lived in by sultans, kings and emirs, and contains a veritable treasure trove of Islamic art and culture.
On arrival at Alhambra, follow your guide to Alcazaba Fortress – an incredible building that served as the military headquarters for the Nasrid dynasty. Hear fascinating facts about the fortress from your guide and climb up its steps for panoramic views over Granada.
After exploring Alcazaba Fortress, visit other top Alhambra sites like the Nasrid Palaces, the Lions Courtyard and the Royal Baths. Learn about their diverse history from your guide, and admire the buildings’ Moorish architecture. Stop to explore the Palace of Charles V, and learn about the colorful emperor who commissioned the palace to be built during his travels in the 1500s.
The stunning Generalife Gardens are also housed within the Alhambra complex and are your next stop. Loosely translated as ‘gardens of paradise,’ this beautiful space was created as a place to relax for the Moorish kings of Granada. Featuring lavish flowerbeds and eye-catching water features, the gardens are perfect for a leisurely paced stroll, and you’ll do just that with your guide.
After exploring Alhambra by foot, you’ll be more than ready for a break. Be driven back to your Granada hotel by minibus and then spend approximately 3 hours at leisure. Then, if you book the 'Tour Only' option, make your own way to Granada airport in time for your 4:30pm (if you travel between October 1 to May 30, otherwise at 8pm) you sightseeing flight. Alternatively, if you book the 'Tour with Airport Transfer' option, meet your guide at a pre-arranged location for a round-trip minibus transfer to the airport.
On arrival at the airport, you'll meet your pilot, and then board your sightseeing plane for a private tour of the skies above the incredible Sierra Nevada region. As you cruise through the air, your pilot will give a running commentary on all the captivating sights below. See dramatic scenery in the Federico Garcia Lorca Park before flying over Granada and looping back around Alhambra. Glide above Sacromonte Abbey and the Monastery of Cartuja before touching back down at the airport.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Passengers weighing over 242 pounds (110kg) will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the local supplier on the day of your tour
- Children should be at least 3.2 feet (1 meter) high to board the sightseeing plane
- The order of the visit can be changed to any unexpected circumstances. In order to facilitate these changes, your visit may be offered in two different languages
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Alhambra tour
- Sightseeing flight
- Airport transfer (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
9:15 to 9:45am, hotel pickup
9.50am, Welcome Visitor Centre Granavision
Tour will start between 10am and 10:15am
Your centrally located Granada hotel or Alhambra
9 hours 30 minutes
Alhambra sightseeing tour finishes at your central Granada hotel at approximately 1:30pm.
Your sightseeing flight ends at either Granada Airport (if you select the Tour Only option) or in central Granada ( Tour with Airport Transfer option)