Combine Barcelona sightseeing by electric bike with tapas and drinks on a 2.5-hour city tour, led by a local guide! Fun and safe, the bike has an electric motor that kicks in as soon as you pedal, so your energy is saved for sightseeing. See landmarks such as El Born Cultural Centre and Frank Gehry’s ‘Golden Fish’ sculpture; explore Parc de la Ciutadella, Las Ramblas and the fishing port of La Barceloneta; and visit two bars for a total of four tapas dishes and up to four drinks.
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All necessary equipment included
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
Meet your guide at Plaça de la Seu, central Barcelona, and hop aboard your electric bike: a regular two-wheeled bicycle with a handy electric motor that kicks in when you start pedaling. Riding your electric bike is simple, but your guide will deliver a comprehensive safety briefing to put you at ease.
Put on your helmet, and then pedal past Frank Gehry’s famous Golden Fish sculpture to Cathedral Santa Maria del Mar (Església de Santa Maria del Mar) in the district of La Ribera. Stop for a look inside the Gothic showstopper with its magnificent internal arches, and then pedal across the road to learn about Fossar de les Moreres. An important Catalan memorial site, the plaza is built on the site of a graveyard where fallen soldiers from the 18th-century Siege of Barcelona lay buried.
Make your way through the stylish neighborhood of El Born to see El Born Centre Cultural — home to a series of exhibits about 18th-century life in the city — and then ride along the tree-lined avenues that run through Parc de la Ciutadella.
The central park is home to the Parliament of Catalonia, so enjoy a quick stop to see it and strike a pose in front of its imposing façade. Then, continue through the historical fishing district of La Barceloneta to La Rambla, a bustling boulevard thronged by colorful market stalls and lively street traders. The street lies near the area of Las Ramblas, where several similarly enchanting avenues are found, so continue through it to see a blend of the city's old and modern sights.
Pass a cluster of cultural attractions including Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA) and Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB) while following your guide to an old-school Barcelona tapas bar in either El Born or Barri Gòtic. Sample two plates of traditional Catalan tapas — perhaps anchovies and olives, and Catalan bread with tomatoes and cheese — as well as up to two drinks of wine or soda. Finally, make your way to an atmospheric bodega (Spanish wine bar and cellar) in La Barceloneta for another two plates of tapas and up to two more drinks.
After the final tapas stop, follow your guide back to the start point where your tour finishes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked
within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as
soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age to ride your own bike is 10 years (or 140 cm)
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- By offering this tour through this website, Viator and its affiliates do not condone cycling after alcohol consumption
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Use of electric bike and helmet
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Child seat on request
- Liability insurance
- 2 drinks (wine or soda) and 2 tapas plates per bar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food or drinks
Plaça de la Seu, central Barcelona
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point