Explore Barcelona in a unique and exciting way – by GoCar! Easy and fun to drive, the GoCar is guided by GPS (Global Positioning System), which means that the car always knows where you are, even if you don't. As you drive near La Sagrada Familia or Park Güell, the GPS tells you where to turn and what you're passing, and it waits patiently if you want to stop. With three different itineraries and tour lengths to choose from, you can discover Barcelona on your own schedule!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Great overview and orientation of the city
A narrated, self-drive GoCar tour guided by GPS is a fantastic way to
explore Barcelona at your own pace. The talking GPS gives you directions
that are clear, concise and informative, and it highlights specific
locations throughout Barcelona as you drive, providing a unique experience
during your stay in Barcelona. Your three-wheeled GoCar seats two and has a
lockable trunk for your belongings. No experience is necessary, and you
will receive helmets and a briefing on how to operate the car safely before you
head out from the shop.
Unlike a traditional tour, you decide where you want to go and when you want to stop. Your tour can take anywhere from 1 hour to 2.5 hours – the choice is yours. Simply get your car, choose a designated route or make up your own tour of the city, and let the fun begin!
There are three routes and time
options available, with lots of historical and cultural sights and
landmarks along the way, including:
Barcelona Highlights Tour:
On this 1-hour tour, see Barcelona's main attractions, including Gaudí's main artworks La Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera and Casa Batlló. See the Arc de Triomf, the Parc de la Ciutadella – Barcelona's main park – and La Monumental bullring. Drive by the elegant Passeig de Gracia street and the legendary Las Ramblas, home to the famous Boquería Market and Columbus Monument. Finish with amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea as you drive by Port Vell, the Barceloneta Beach and the Olympic Port.
This 2.5-hour tour takes you around the interesting urban layout of Barcelona Olympic area and waterfront. Turn on your engine to drive past the beautiful Arc de Triomf, near the entrance of the Parc de la Ciutadella, and follow your GPS as it guides you to the coastline. See the Santa Maria del Mar Cathedral, and continue driving by the waterfront until you reach the Columbus Monument. See the Barcelona Contemporary Arts Museum (MACBA) and the Centre of Contemporary Culture Barcelona (CCCB), then arrive to the top part of the famous Las Ramblas. Next, head to Montjuïc to enjoy outstanding views of the Barcelona skyline. Tour the area, home to the Spanish Town and the Olympic Stadium, then head back to central Barcelona by the waterfront, taking in views of Port Vell and the Mediterranean Sea.
You may upgrade your downtown tour to include La Sagrada Familia on your route, which will take a total of approximately three hours.
Discover Gaudí: La Sagrada Familia Tour:
The uptown tour takes you outside of the old town to discover Gaudí's most important creations. On this 2.5-hour tour you will start driving east by the Arc de Triomf and the Parc de la Ciutadella, and continue by the Agbar Tower and La Monumental bullring. Next, see the famous Gaudí monuments of La Sagrada Familia and Park Güell, then head north to the Tibidabo mountain for amazing views of Barcelona. Drive south by Gaudí's Pedralbes Monastery and FC Barcelona's renowned stadium Camp Nou, or venture into areas that many visitors never never see, such as the buzzing bohemian neighborhood of Gracia. Continue your tour on the famous Avenida Diagonal road until you reach the elegant Passeig de Gracia. Here, see many examples of art nouveau on the building and street decorations, as well as Gaudí's Casa Milá (also known as La Pedrera) and Casa Batlló.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1
day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- The driver must leave a deposit of 300 euros per GoCar, or present a credit card that can guarantee the deposit
- Drivers must present a valid driver's license and be 21 years of age
- Drivers who are not from the European Union must have a valid, non-expired international driver's license or request an official translation of the license directly at the shop ( own expense: 15 euros).The translation takes 1 hour and is possible from Monday to Friday (until 3pm on Friday)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age to be a passenger is 7 years
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Prices are per passenger; for uneven passenger number of more than 1 please do separate bookings
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Rental of GoCar touring car
- GoCar orientation
- City map
- Basic insurance (third-party coverage)
- Unlimited mileage
- One full fuel tank
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
You can pick up and drop off the GoCar anytime during shop open hours (March 1 to Oct 31: 9am to 9pm; November 1 to February 29: 10am to 7pm) on the booked day of travel.
Central Barcelona, near the Cathedral of Barcelona
Returns to original departure point