Discover the exuberance and beauty of Barcelona on a 4.5-hour morning tour of this exquisite Catalan city. Perfect for first-time visitors, this tour is the ideal introduction to Barcelona's famous sights, including the Barcelona cathedral, Gothic quarter, the Olympic Village (Vila Olimpica) and the beautiful Montjuic castle. Sample a glass of cava at the Spanish Village (Poble Espanyol), then take in aerial views of Barcelona's skyline and the city harbor from a cable car (included).
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Meet your local guide in central Barcelona and start your morning tour with a stroll through Plaza de Catalunya, with
its many fountains and statues, then wander along the narrow
medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter with your local guide. You will see many buildings
dating from the 15th century, including the Barcelona Cathedral, as you
continue to Plaza Sant Jaume, where the important government buildings
are located, including the Palace of Generalitat and the Town Hall.
Next, take in views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Barcelona Coast on the way to the Olympic Village (Vila Olimpica), home to athletes during the Olympics, and the Port Olympic.
Continue to the Montjuic Mountain for a panoramic view of the city and harbor. When you arrive, tour the Lluís Companys Olympic Stadium, the Palau Sant Jordi and the Calatrava Tower. Then, visit the Spanish Village (Poble Espanyol) to see typical architecture and traditional crafts from different regions of Spain, and taste Catalan cava (included), the renowned local sparkling wine.
Next, get on a cable-car (included) and take in aerial views of the Barcelona skyline, on the ride down to Montjuic Castle. From there, head back to central Barcelona, where you will have the afternoon free to explore the city at your leisure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a large coach tour with a maximum of 50 participants
- Infant travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Entrance to Poble Espanyol (Spanish Village)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- 10% discount in some shops and restaurants at Poble Espanyol (Spanish Village)
- A glass of cava
- Cable-car ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Tour departs from central Barcelona
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point at approximately 1:30pm