Follow the river road of Bilbao towards the coast and admire the old industrial areas that once powered Bilbao. You will visit the Transporter Bridge of Bizkaia, the oldest bridge of this type in the world, still active and a very much loved icon for the locals.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Afterwards you will see the neighborhood of Neguri with old mansions owned by rich industrial managers, before you head towards the interior of the province. You will be able to admire the typical local houses and farm house structures, and discover the imposing old Castle of Butron.
Arrive at the coastal village of Bakio, very much liked by Basque locals as a summer holiday destination, before you follow the beautiful and wild coastal road, eventually arriving at your second stop, San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. This place is said to be one of the most beautiful locations along the Basque Coastline. It is a huge rock that holds on the top the old hermit of San Juan, and it is connected with a long stone-stair passage to the mainland.
Next you will continue to the fishing town of Bermeo. Here you will stop to visit the narrow streets, the Juradera Church, the Ercilla Tower, the old port and the Town Hall among other sites. There will be free time for lunch and the guide will suggest a selection of recommended local restaurants.
Later you will stop at Mundaka, a beautiful site with magnificent views of the Urdaibai Biosphere, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Afterwards, you will arrive at the village of Gernika to visit the Casa de Juntas or old Law House and the Basque Sacred Tree.
Finally you will return directly back to Bilbao to arrive at approximately 2:00pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Tour departs from centrally located Bilbao hotels.
Returns to original departure point