On this private day trip from Barcelona, you will visit the city of Girona in northeastern Catalonia before continuing to the Costa Brava, the coastal region of Catalonia that stretches up to the French border. You’ll stop at Santuari dels Angels to take pictures from a stunning viewpoint on your way to the town of Pals, where you'll enjoy a lunch of delicious Mediterranean food (own expense).
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
As you leave Barcelona, your private day trip heads first to Girona, a city with a long history, believed to be founded around 76 BC. The river Onyar neatly divides the city in two, separating the old town from the new. The city has a rich architectural heritage, and you’ll see evidence of this in the 11th-century cathedral and the Roman walls, which you can stroll along. Or wander the narrow streets of the old town, soaking up the historical atmosphere.
From Girona, continue to the Santuari dels Angels, a panoramic spot offering scenic views of the whole Girona region. It’s a place even a world-famous artist thought was beautiful – Salvador Dali chose it for his wedding. From here you will make your way to Pals, a small medieval city built around its fortress. Stop here for a Mediterranean lunch (own expense) before you head to the fishing village of Calella de Palafrugell.
In Calella de Palafrugell, a coastal town of whitewashed houses, you'll have time to explore the rocky coastline or perhaps take a dip in the inviting waters.
This private tour of Girona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear and sun protection.
- You will also have an opportunity to go swimming at Calella de Palafrugell, so if you want, bring swimwear and a beach towel.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to the Botanic Gardens at Cap Roig
Tour start at approx. 8:30am. It's possible to arrange a different starting time once your booking is confirmed.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour departs from centrally located Barcelona hotels
Returns to original departure point
Mondays Thursdays, Sundays