See the sun rise over Granada on a hot-air balloon ride! After soaring through the early morning skies, flying above attractions like the UNESCO-listed Alhambra and the Sacromonte caves, touch back down in time for breakfast. Stroll to a café in the area and chat about the balloon ride over a hearty Andalucian feast and a glass of Champagne!
- All necessary equipment included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Start your hot-air balloon experience with a pickup from your centrally located Granada hotel, and then travel to the launch site, just a short distance outside of town. On arrival, watch your balloon inflate while listening to a quick safety briefing with your guide. Then, step inside your balloon’s basket and take to the skies with your pilot. Each basket comfortably holds up to 10 people, so there’s plenty of room for you to sightsee as you soar gently up and away.
Have your camera ready to capture dramatic views while gliding through the early morning skies. Soar above Granada’s Sacromonte neighborhood, where the city’s early gypsy community carved cave homes into the rocks, and then gaze in awe at the Alhambra. Set against the backdrop of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the pink-hued palace complex is magnificent to see as the sun rises, and the bird’s-eye view lets you appreciate the scale of the site.
Cruise above some of Granada’s top city sights such as the Albaicín, a romantic-looking neighborhood typified by whitewashed houses and Moorish architecture. After roughly an hour in the air, listen to your pilot’s instructions for a smooth landing. Once back on the ground stroll to a nearby cafe to enjoy a hearty Andalucian breakfast. Meals change according to seasonality and what’s available on the day of your tour, but typical items on the menu include coffee, tea, chocolate, bread with tomatoes and olive oil, and orange juice.
Relax as you eat, and toast your group and pilot with your glass of Champagne; it’s the perfect way to celebrate your Granada hot-air balloon flight! Finish your experience with a drop-off at your Granada hotel.
Please note: the duration of your hot-air balloon ride varies according to wind conditions on the day.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Children between 6 and 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Minimum height is 51 inches (130cm)
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- On rare occasions, the flight will take place over Guadix, outside of Granada city
If you cancel at least 16 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 15 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hot-air balloon flight
- Flight certificate
- Glass of Champagne
- Hotel pickup (if hotel further than 1.86 miles (3km) from Granada center
- Gratuities (optional)
Flights start between 6am and 8am (approximately).
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions
Your centrally located Granada Hotel
5 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point