Soar through the skies on an incredible hot-air balloon ride above Spain’s gorgeous Guadarrama Regional Park! The exciting flight glides above a landscape of forests and mountain plains, peppered with monuments like the Castle of Mocha. After an hour in the air, touchdown to enjoy a lavish Spanish brunch with a glass of cava and receive souvenir photos, a video and flight certificate. Simply make your own way to and from the launch field or upgrade to include round-trip transport from central Madrid.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Start your hot-air balloon experience with a pickup from your centrally located Madrid hotel or alternatively, meet direct at the launch site, roughly 40 minutes’ drive away at Villanueva de la Cañada.
On arrival at the site, watch your brightly colored balloon inflate while listening to a comprehensive safety briefing with your pilot. Then, step inside your balloon’s basket and take to the skies with your pilot. Each basket comfortably holds between 10 and 16 people, so there’s plenty of room for you to sightsee as you soar gently up and away.
Have your camera ready to capture bird’s-eye views of Guadarrama Regional Park as you softly glide through the early morning skies. As you pass over beautiful oak forests, your pilot will talk to you about the area’s captivating landscape; hear about lesser-known monuments like the stunning Castle of Mocha as you glide above it and learn about the mountains that frame the national park.
After an hour in the air, listen to your pilot’s instructions for a smooth landing. Once back on the ground make your way inside the on-site café to enjoy your typically lavish Spanish brunch. Meals change according to seasonality and what’s available on the day of your tour, but typical meals include slices of Iberian chorizo and sausage, cured cheeses and bread. In the winter, a warming soup is often served.
Relax as you eat, and after receiving your souvenir photo, video and flight certificate, toast your group with your glass of sparkling cava; it’s the perfect way to celebrate your Spanish hot-air balloon flight! Finish your experience at Villanueva de la Cañada or your Madrid hotel, depending on option selected.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1
day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as
possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Children between 6 and 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- There is no seating available in the basket; passengers stand during the flight
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Hot-air balloon flight (1 hour)
- HD tour video, photo and flight certificate
- Brunch, water and 1 glass of cava
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Flights start between 7am and 9am (approximately). You must confirm exact departure
time at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled balloon flight; contact
details are listed on your booking voucher
All flight times are approximate and subjec
Villanueva de la Cañada or your centrally located Madrid hotel (if option selected)
Returns to original departure point