Get a unique view of Madrid aboard this open-top double-decker bus. There are two tours covering all of the city's highlights, from historical sites and monuments to the modern Madrid of skyscrapers and cosmopolitan architecture. The Madrid City Hop-on Hop-off Tour enables complete flexibility to hop on and off as many times as you like so you can explore Madrid at your own pace. With the choice of either a one- or two-day pass, this is a fantastic way to see all of the major sights of Madrid.
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Great overview and orientation of the city
On this Madrid sightseeing tour, you can hop on and hop off the open-top double-decker bus as many times as you want. The two routes are interconnected, so you can easily hop between them to discover the best of Madrid. The ticket is valid on both routes.
Route 1 - Blue Route (80 minutes)
This route focuses on the historical part of Madrid. Philip III and Philip IV enlarged and embellished the city, but the Bourbons brought new cultural and architectural tastes. It is to them that Madrid owes the spectacular Royal Palace, the Paseo del Prado and the Puerta de Alcalá. A drive down the Gran Vía, the capital's most important road during the first half of the last century, offers insight into its unique architectural diversity and outstanding examples of the Belle Epoque, such as the Casino de Madrid and the Palace Hotel.
Route 2 - Green Route (65 minutes)
This route focuses on the modern part of Madrid. The 19th century saw expansion in the city. The Salamanca neighborhood was built and became a residential area with the site of the first bourgeois homes. Also developed was the Paseo de la Castellana, where the city's palatial mansions give way to modern skyscrapers of great architectural value. These structures are testaments to Madrid's position as one of Europe's most cosmopolitan, attractive and modern cities.
See Itinerary section below for a full list of stops.
For full itinerary details and maps please click on: View Additional Info
Route 1 - Blue route (80 minutes)
Route 2 - Green route (65 minutes)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Buses are adapted for passengers with reduced mobility. The features include automatic access ramp, reserved space for wheelchairs with safety clamps and fastenings, extended ramp and kneeling system to the right of the bus.
- Hop-on hop-off tickets are not available for infants aged from 0 to 6 years old, as passes are free of charge
- Please note that due to some building works in the area, Puerta de Alcalá stop will be temporally cancelled.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Map of Madrid
- Audio commentary with individual earphones in Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, Catalan, Galician and Basque
- Individual headphones
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
March to October - from 9:00am to 10:00pm
November to February - from 10:00am to 6:00pm
Valid from the time of first use, for the consecutive days selected.
You may board the Madrid Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour at any of the stops throughout the city.