See the best of the Spanish capital on an independent GoCar tour of Madrid! Simple, fun and easy to drive, GoCars are fitted with GPS navigation systems for accurate directions around the city, so you can easily find Madrid’s top sites. Choose from three different itineraries, and discover the city on your own schedule, taking in a multitude of top Madrid attractions like Palacio Real and Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas bullring!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Instant Confirmation
Your self-drive GoCar tour, guided by GPS, is the most fun way to explore Madrid at your own pace. The talking GPS gives you directions that are clear, concise and informative, and it highlights specific locations throughout Madrid as you drive, providing a memorable experience during your time in the city. Your three-wheeled GoCar seats two and has a lockable trunk for your belongings. No experience is necessary, and you will receive helmets and a briefing on how to operate the car safely before you head out from the shop.
Unlike a traditional tour, you decide where you want to go and when you want to stop. Your tour can take anywhere from one hour to three hours – the choice is yours. Simply get your car, choose a designated route or make up your own tour of the city, and let the fun begin!
Take in the sights of Madrid’s Old Town on this tour of the city’s historic center. Drive past Plaza de España – the lavish square in the middle of Maria Luisa Park – and pass Plaza de la Puerta del Sol, home to Plaza Mayor – an impressive monument built during the time of the Hapsburg period. Listen to commentary explaining the era, and of the Hapsburg's role in shaping Madrid to the city as it stands today – with a wealth of grandiose architecture and monuments.
Marvel at the extravagance of the Royal Palace (Palacio Real) and puzzle at the sight of Temple of Debod – an Egyptian sanctuary in the heart of the city! The city’s beautiful Almudena Cathedral (or Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Almudena to give its due) is included in your 1-hour tour, as well as the Latina, Huertas and Santa Ana neighborhoods.
See top city attractions on a route around downtown Madrid, taking in highlights like Gran Via – the vibrant street that showcases early 20th-century architecture – and Parque del Retiro, Madrid’s most popular park. See Neoclassical monuments and fountains as you pass Plaza Cibeles, and admire Alcalá Gate (Puerta del Alcalá) – a perfect backdrop for iconic photos of Madrid!
Stop to see monuments celebrating Sir Christopher Columbus in Plaza de Colón (Columbus Square) and head to Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas – the world-famous bullring in the heart of Madrid’ Salamanca neighborhood.
Either combine the itineraries on the 1-hour and 2-hour tour, or combine the 2-hour tour itinerary with a visit to a famous Madrid famous soccer stadium. Simply choose on the day! If you decide to see a soccer stadium, then choose between Santiago Bernabeu Stadium -- home of Real Madrid – or Vicente Calderón Stadium, where the rival Atlético Madrid team play.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1
day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- The driver must leave a deposit of 300 euros per GoCar, or present a credit card that can guarantee the deposit
- Drivers must present a valid driver's license and be 21 years of age
- Drivers who are not from the European Union must have a valid, non-expired international driver's license or request an official translation of the license directly at the shop
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age to be a passenger is 7 years
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Prices are per passenger; for uneven passenger number of more than 1 please do separate bookings
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Rental of GoCar touring car
- GoCar orientation
- City map
- Basic insurance (third-party coverage)
- Unlimited mileage
- One full fuel tank
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Pick up and drop off your GoCar anytime during shop open hours on the booked day of travel.
Apr 1 - Oct 31: 9am to 9pm
Nov 1 - Mar 31: 10am to 7pm
Central Madrid, near the Temple of Debod
Varies depending on selected tour grade
Returns to original departure point