Pay less and get more on this Madrid Super Saver tour, which combines a half-day tour of Toledo and a half-day tour of Aranjuez. In the morning you’ll travel to Toledo, Spain's medieval capital and a treasure trove of architecture and El Greco art. Then spend the afternoon in Aranjuez, a beautiful World Heritage-listed royal city. You’ll be accompanied by a knowledgeable guide all day. The best part? By combining these two half-day tours, you’ll enjoy a 10% discount compared to purchasing the tours separately.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Morning Tour: Toledo
A highlight of any visit to Toledo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with wonderful architecture, is seeing The Burial of the Count of Orgaz, the famous painting by 16th-century master El Greco. Toledo was the setting for many of El Greco's art, and you’ll see this painting – one of his most famous – at the Church of St Tome.
Toledo is known for its art and history and has a landscape that combines Arabic, Mudejar, Gothic, medieval and Renaissance architecture. Surrounded by the River Tajo, the atmospheric walled town is crammed with churches and museums. Sights you’ll see include the amazing 13th-century Cathedral of Toledo, the medieval castle, Santa Maria la Blanca Synagogue, San Juan of the Kings Monastery and the Victorio Macho Museum.
Afternoon Tour: Aranjuez
In the afternoon, enjoy the beautiful architecture and regal atmosphere of Aranjuez, which sits at the confluence of the Tagus and Jarama rivers. Your local guide will lead you the Palacio Real (Royal Palace), part of Aranjuez’s UNESCO World Heritage Cultural Landscape. It is a Spanish Royal Site – the spring residence of Spanish kings since the late 1800s. Admire the decorative styles, and see the Throne Room of Elizabeth II, the Prince's Gardens, the Parterre and the Island. The palace gardens are so beautiful, they inspired Spanish composer Joaquin Rodrigo to compose his Concierto de Aranjuez.
After relaxing in the gardens, you head to the Gran Casino of Aranjuez to have a little fun and enjoy a complimentary welcome drink. Your guide will show you around, and then you can try your luck at the tables if you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants and children aged 5 years and under are free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Entrance to the casino is not permitted in shorts, Bermuda shorts, sleeveless T-shirts and open-toed shoes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Entrance fees to the Palacio Real, Gran Casino de Aranjuez and Toledo attractions
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Welcome drink in the casino
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
April to OctoberTuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays