Not Reviewed (0 reviews)
When your cruise ship docks in the Malaga port, take a private shore excursion to the town of Ronda. Situated in a mountainous region west of Malaga, Ronda has many highlights to see on this day trip, including the Plaza de Toros (one of the oldest bullrings in Spain), the Church of the Holy Spirit and the town square. Your private guide will give you interesting background information as you explore the city, and then you can satisfy the thirst you worked up with a wine tasting.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
The picturesque town of Ronda spans the plunging river gorge known as El Tajo, crossed by the impressive 18th-century Puente Nuevo (New Bridge, built in the late 1700s). On this private day trip from Malaga, you'll visit the town square, known as Plaza de Espana, and the Church of the Holy Spirit, built in 1485. Your local guide will also show you around the grounds of the Church of Santa Maria la Mayor.
You will then head to the Plaza de Toros, one of the oldest bullrings in Spain (second only to the bullring in Seville), which has staged some of the most important events in bullfighting history. Be impressed by this massive arena, which was built in the 18th century.
You will have free time to explore Ronda on your own, but your private guide will give you advice on where to go and answer all your questions.
After all this sightseeing, you will be thirsty! End your tour with a one-hour wine tasting, where you will have the opportunity to try the best sherry and white and red wines of the region.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Malaga port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- The guide speaks English; if you require another language, additional costs will incur.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Port pickup and drop off
- Private tour
- Wine tasting
- Entrance fee for the bullring
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)