Getaway to the Montserrat mountains on a half-day trip from Barcelona. You'll visit the Royal Basilica with its 12th-century carving of the Black Virgin and in the morning perhaps hear the children's choir sing.
- Fully narrated tour
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
After driving through picturesque little villages you will arrive at the incomparable setting of the craggy mountain of Montserrat, which rises majestically up from the plain to 4,051 feet (1,235 meters) and has amazing views.
The Royal Basilica of Montserrat has been one of Spain's most important pilgrimage sites for hundreds of years, due to its famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Virgen Moroneta, the Black Virgin. At 1pm on weekdays there is the opportunity to hear one of Europe's oldest children's choirs, La Escolania de Montserrat.
Do you want to ascent Montserrat mountain by cog-wheel train?
Upgrade and take this once in a lifetime opportunity to ascent Montserrat mountain by cog-wheel train. Traveling up to 4,051 feet (1,235 meters), the journey follows the remarkable forms of the mountains and provides spectacular views over Montserrat which can only be seem from onboard the cog-wheel train.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
- This is a large coach tour with a maximum of 50 participants
- The morning tour lasts 5 hours approximately
- Note that the children's choir does not perform in the afternoon
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop of
- Food and drinks, unless specified
9:30am and 3pm
Please note that from 1 April 2014, the departure times of this tour are: 9:15am and 3pm
Tour departs from central Barcelona
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point