Experience the magic of Morocco on a day trip to Tangier from Malaga. It may lie just across the Mediterranean Sea from Spain, but the exotic North African country of Morocco feels like a world away! Your full-day adventure includes a Moroccan lunch with a Berber dance performance, a walking tour of the souk, medina and kasbah, shopping at a Tangier bazaar, and round-trip ferry transfers – it’s the ultimate value for a day in Morocco.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
Your day trip to Tangier begins with a scenic drive from Malaga to the southern tip of Spain. Then board a high-speed ferry to travel across the Strait of Gibraltar to Morocco (45 to 60 minutes), where your journey will continue to the exciting Moroccan city of Tangier on a comfortable, air-conditioned coach.
Your tour of Tangier starts with a panoramic sightseeing tour of the city, followed by a walking tour of the little souk, the medina (old quarter) and the kasbah (old fortress). Discover Morocco’s rich architecture, browse the spice markets, stop to see the snake charmer and visit one of the local bakeries to try some tasty bread (own expense).
Then enjoy shopping at a typical bazaar, where you’ll see many types of carpets and handicrafts. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, and feast on traditional Moroccan food like couscous, tagine and other local delicacies. Be entertained with a performance by a Berber dancer.
After lunch, make a short stop at Cape Spartel, where you can see the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea mix together, and then enjoy a sample of traditional mint tea and learn about the mint tea rituals. Next, visit the Cave of Hercules and stop by the white sand dunes that border the Atlantic. Here you have the option to ride a camel (own expense)! Alternatively, enjoy free time to explore the beautiful area.
On your way back to the ferry, take in views of the Moroccan landscape, and then relax on the comfortable coach ride from the Spain port back to Malaga.
Please note: The itinerary and schedule of this trip are subject to change from December to April due to ferry's timetables and the Ramadan holiday.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the terrain in Tangier is uneven and hilly and the trip contains a lot of walking
- Total duration of the trip may vary to the pickup and drop-off location
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Mint tea
- Ferry ride
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Camel ride
Central Malaga, near the Plaza Poeta Manuel Alcántara
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6pm
Tuesday to Saturday