Spend a day exploring northern Lanzarote and escape the well-trodden tourist trails of the island’s south! With a friendly local guide, discover the island’s ancient capital of Teguise village (Villa de Teguise), and ogle impressive views from the Peñas del Chach vantage point. Visit either Guinate Tropical Park or LanzaAloe aloe vera plantation in Orzola; savor lunch at a traditional restaurant; enjoy free time at Jameos del Agua — a swanky cave-turned-resort; and visit the César Manrique Foundation (own expense) to learn all about the much-loved local artist.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
After a pickup from your Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise hotel, travel onward through Teguise village, the island’s ancient capital. Admire its historical architecture and hear about Teguise in the 16th century when the village is thought to have been founded.
Continue to Peñas del Chach, one of the island’s highest peaks, near the cliffs of Famara on the island’s northwestern shores. Hop out of your coach for a photo, and gaze down at views of the undulating coastline set against the blue waves of the North Atlantic Ocean. With your guide, look out for the oasis of Haria, a lush little area known locally as the Valley of a Thousand Palms. Locals traditionally plant palm trees at the spot to mark the birth of a child.
Your next visit depends on the day you take the tour. If traveling on a Monday, visit Guinate Tropical Park at the island’s northwestern tip. Home to around 1,000 tropical birds and other small animals from all over the world — not just Lanzarote — the small zoo is popular with kids and big kids alike. Explore with your guide and see parrots, penguins, flamingos, meerkats and more.
If traveling on a Wednesday, head to Orzola and visit LanzaAloe instead, where you'll see acres of fragrant aloe vera plants being grown and harvested. Learn about the soothing properties of the plants and hear how the Canary Islands’ climate and terrain is well suited to aloe vera production.
No matter what day you travel, all tours continue with lunch at a traditional Lanzarote restaurant. Enjoy a buffet with loads to choose from: grilled chicken, alitas (chicken wings), curry, various salads, meatballs, fried fish and papas arrugadas (Canarian wrinkly potatoes), to name a few.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees to Jameos de Agua and Guinate Tropical Park or to aloe vera plantation (depending on option selected)
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to the César Manrique Foundation (8 euros per adult; 4 euros per child)
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Your Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca or Costa Teguise hotel
Returns to original departure point
Monday and Wednesday