This private day trip from Barcelona combines one of Barcelona's most iconic attractions, Montserrat, with the modernist architecture of one of Spain’s most famous sons, Antoni Gaudí, You’ll enjoy stunning views of the area, see historic artifacts and admire the work of one of the world’s most legendary architects.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Leaving Barcelona in your private minivan, your private day trip from Barcelona heads first to Montserrat, a craggy mountain outside of the city that is home to a Benedictine abbey. You'll visit a sanctuary in the abbey that houses La Moreneta, a 12th-century statue of a black Virgin Mary. The sanctuary has been a destination for pilgrims and other visitors for almost 1,000 years.
You’ll also have time to visit the Museum of Montserrat, with its five collections ranging from Archaeology from the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture. Or discover the different walking paths on Montserrat – there are routes to suit all tastes and energy levels. You can also take one of the mountain’s two rack railways or the cable car, which offer different views of the area, or simply savor the views from the café, which offers panoramas of the valleys.
After lunch, you’ll visit Colonia Güell, where you’ll see an unfinished church by Antoni Gaudi. Gaudi only finished the crypt, which you can visit.
Finally, finish your day trip back in Barcelona at Park Güell, the magical city garden designed by Gaudí that features some of his most creative designs. See the famous mosaic lizard and strange 'Gingerbread Houses' that enchant visitors of all ages. Follow the winding alleys, passing over bridges or under twisting rock pillars. Admire the fascinating ceramic benches and the fantastic view over Barcelona. Get lost in the fascinating labyrinth made up of rocks and pine trees. You can choose to stay at Park Güell after your tour ends, or return to your Barcelona hotel.
This private day trip from Barcelona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- During July and August it will not be possible to hear the boys choir sing
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee to Gaudi Church
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Rack railway and cable car at Montserrat
- Entrance fees for the museums and monuments in Montserrat and the Colonia Guell
Tour starts at approx. 9am. It's possible to arrange a different starting time once your booking is confirmed.
Tour departs from centrally located Barcelona hotels
8 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point