Learn the secrets of Spanish cooking during a private Barcelona cooking class. Start with a guided walking tour of the lively Boquería market, where you will get insight to local market life and discover the essential ingredients of Spanish cuisine. Your local chef will show you how to find and appreciate high-quality food. Then head to the chef's house to prepare an authentic three-course Spanish banquet! Find out the secrets for cooking perfect paella, gazpacho and Spanish omelets, and learn how to pair the delicious food with wine.
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Taste the real flavors of Spain and learn how to prepare traditional Spanish dishes with a local chef in Barcelona. Whether you’re a cooking enthusiast or culinary novice, you’ll enjoy the hands-on experience of this private Spanish cooking class.
Start by visiting the famous Boquería market in Barcelona with your chef. This traditional and colorful market is home to an array of local products, such as fruits, vegetables, meats, seafood and cheeses – a wide variety of scents and flavors that make for delicious, rich cuisine. Learn from your chef how to choose the best quality products.
Next, head to the chef’s private apartment in Barcelona. Wash your hands, get the pans out and let the fun start! Begin by preparing a delicious starter, such as gazpacho (a cold vegetable soup), pa amb tomàquet (bread with tomato) or huevos rellenos (stuffed eggs. Continue uncovering the secrets of Spanish cooking as you make paella (Spain’s most famous dish - rice with seafood or a selection of meats), or chicken with prawns, and finish your class with the mouthwatering dessert crema catalana (Catalan cream) or torrijas (Easter bread pudding).
While you put the finishing touches on the meal, learn the art of food and wine pairing. Then it’s time to taste your creations! Set the table and enjoy your meal with a well-deserved glass of wine! After your meal, hear more about Spanish cuisine from your chef while savoring a cup of coffee.
Alternatively, this private tour can be customized if you’d prefer to skip the Boquería market walking tour. You may dive straight into the Spanish cooking class at the chef’s apartment if you wish – please make note of this in the Special Requirements field when booking.
Please note: The dishes you cook will vary according to season.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you would like to join a group of friends who have previously booked, please provide their name or booking reference in the Special Requirements section when booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Walking tour
- 3-course lunch
- 3 glasses of wine
- Taxi from the Boquería market to the chef's apartment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation from chef's house
10:30am and 5pm
4 hours 30 minutes
Tour concludes at the chef's apartment, next to the metro station Llacuna
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday