Immerse yourself in Granada's rich history on this informative Private sightseeing tour of the city as you meander through the old quarter of Albaycin, visit the Royal chapel and cathedral and admire the breathtaking views of Alhambra, Granada and Sierra Navada from the vantage point at the Mirador de San Nicholas.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Your tour begins by visiting the Royal Chapel commissioned by the Catholic Monarchs and built in flamboyant Gothic style. Here you will find the mausoleums of Isabel and Ferdinand and their children Phillip "The Beautiful" and Joan "The Mad". The cathedral stands next to the chapel and is considered as the first renaissance church in Spain.
Continue along Gran Via passing the Gardens of Triunfo and Hospital Real, to reach the Carthusian Monastery, a Baroque masterpiece which began construction in 1505 and spanned over three centuries, highlighting the Sanctum Sanctorum (Holy of Holies) and the Sacristy.
Your journey will continue to the old Moorish Quarter of the Albaycin where you can wander the narrow streets before reaching the Mirador de San Nicholas. From here, you can experience the beauty of the Alhambra, Granada and the Sierra Nevada, followed by a visit to the Sacromonte, a typical and ancient quarter of cave dwellings, where the Gypsy population live. You will visit one of the most representative caves where refreshments will be served.
Note: The Sacromonte caves are currently closed for maintenance work. In exchange you'll enjoy a complimentary soft drink at the viewpoint Mirador de San Nicolás.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Light refreshments
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Centrally located Granada hotels or the Alhambra
Returns to original departure point