See the spectacular Sierra Nevada mountain range on this Private day trip from Granada. This region contains the highest point of continental Spain known as Mulhacen standing at 3,479 meters. Your guide will give you an introduction to this region and the surrounding trekking areas and you will then have free time to explore.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Get up-close to native wildlife
Sierra Nevada is a rocky massif that forms a clearly distinct geographical unit. It is located to the south-east of the city of Granada and extends along the western end of Almeria. It offers a sharp contrast between the soft relief of hillocks to other more rugged areas. The tallest peaks on the Peninsula can be found in this Reserve: Mulhacen (3,482 meters) and Veleta (3,392 meters).
The main plant communities dotted over this rocky massif are the holm oak groves, deciduous forests, chestnut trees and Melojo oaks, high mountain groves and padded brushwood on the very highest summits, where the species form a cushion to protect themselves from the winter temperatures and icy winds.
As for fauna, there are invertebrates that are exclusive to this massif, including more than 20 species of butterflies.
On the way back to the hotel you will have the opportunity to sample a local tapas menu.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Transport by private vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Centrally located Granada hotels or the Alhambra
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4:00pm