Head to the Spanish hills on a private day trip from Barcelona to the spectacular Pyrenees, a mountain range in northern Spain. You'll travel to charming mountain villages in a comfortable, private minivan and enjoy the outdoors with opportunities to go hiking, horseback riding or boating. A private tour ensures you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Leave the hustle and bustle of busy Barcelona behind and head north into the countryside, driving past Montseny, a 74,132-acre (30,000-hectare) natural park and UNESCO-designated biosphere reserve.
Stop for a short break in the ancient settlement of Vic, where you can visit the town center with its cathedral and its magnificent Renaissance and Baroque buildings. Then continue toward the Pyrenees, driving past Montesquiu Castle, a fortified building dating from the 10th century.
Your next stop is Ripoll, with a Romanesque monastery built in the year 879 by Wilfred the Hairy, the first Count of Barcelona. From Ripoll, your tour proceeds to Queralbs, which, at an altitude of 4,055 feet (1,236 meters) above sea level, is the last vehicle-accessible village on your day trip to the Pyrenees.
Queralbs is a stunning, stone-built village where you will see the Church of Sant Sadurni de Fustanya, built from stones so perfectly hewn that legend has it that it was built by the fairies. From here, catch the rack railway that leads up into the Pyrenees to Nuria, where you can spend the rest of the day. Enjoy the unspoiled scenery, look for local birds and animals, and take one of the many available walks, such as the path to Coma de la Vaca, a small refuge situated at 6,562 feet (2,000 meters). Or you can try horseback riding, open-air bowling, miniature golf or boating on the lake.
Please wear warm clothes and good walking shoes on this day trip. Your tour does not require a particular physical condition, but a reasonable level of fitness is needed if you wish to walk to the Coma de la Vaca. It's up to you how far and how high you want to go!
This private tour from Barcelona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- The railway track may be closed in November due to routine maintenance. If so, the tour will offer alternative options suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Alternatives will range from going by road up into the mountain valleys, visiting the Monastery of Ripoll or low-level mountain walks.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Tour start at approx. 8:30am. It's possible to arrange a different starting time once your booking is confirmed.
Centrally located hotels in Barcelona
Returns to original departure point