Take a day trip to the south-east of Granada where you'll find the Sierra Nevada massif, home to a large variety of Spain's flora and fauna. Spend a day exploring the rocky massif and escaping the crowds and noise of the city.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Hotel pickup included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
Enclaved in the central part of the Penibetic Mountain, the Sierra Nevada massif constitutes the most extensive mountainous area in Spain, with a structure all of its own. Called "Sierra of the Sun" by the Arabs, it houses one of the most diverse range of fauna in Europe.
Sierra Nevada is a rocky massif that forms a clearly distinct geographical unit. It is located to the south-east of the city of Granada and extends along the western end of Almeria. It offers a sharp contrast between the soft relief of hillocks to other more rugged areas. The tallest peaks on the Peninsula can be found in this Reserve: Mulhacen (3,482 meters) and Veleta (3,392 meters).
The main plant communities dotted over this rocky massif are the holm oak groves, deciduous forests, chestnut trees and Melojo oaks, high mountain groves and padded brushwood on the very highest summits, where the species form a cushion to protect themselves from the winter temperatures and icy winds.
As for fauna, there are invertebrates that are exclusive to this massif, including more than 20 species of butterflies.
On the way back to the hotel you will have the opportunity to sample a local tapas menu.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Centrally located Granada hotels or the Alhambra
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4:00pm