Combine a visit to the Alhambra, Granada’s top historical site, with an afternoon of blissful indulgence at the city’s Arab baths -- Hammam Al Andalus. Start with a skip-the-line morning tour around the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Alhambra, seeing its highlights like Alcazaba Fortress and Generalife Gardens, and then relax at leisure in the spa pools at the baths. You can even upgrade to include a massage!
Leave your Granada hotel by air-conditioned coach and head to the city’s most famous monument – the Alhambra – for your 2.5-hour tour. The distinctive rose-hued palace complex dominates Granada, overlooking the sprawling city from its vantage point high up on La Sabica hill. Constructed in the 13th century during the Nasrid dynasty’s reign, the site began its life as a fortress, with further palatial buildings, courtyards and lavish gardens added by successive rulers.
Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Alhambra is a fascinating place to explore with endless architectural wonders waiting to be found ‘round every corner. After skipping the long entrance lines, take a walking tour with your guide, admiring the Moorish architecture of Alcazaba Fortress and the three Nasrid Palaces – Mexuar, Serello and Harem. Head inside and marvel at the intricate Islamic artwork before visiting the Palace of Charles V, designed by the legendary Spanish architect Pedro Machua.
Visit Alhambra’s Generalife Gardens and envisage the Moorish kings of bygone times relaxing amid elaborate fountains and colorful flowerbeds. Roughly translated as ‘gardens of paradise,’ the beautiful space is perfect for a leisurely stroll, and you’ll do just that with your guide.
After your morning tour of Alhambra, your guide will drop you off in central Granada or at your hotel, so you can enjoy a few hours at leisure for lunch (own expense). At the pre-arranged time, make your own way to Granada’s Arab Baths -- Hammam Al Andalus -- for a blissful soak. Spend your afternoon relaxing in the bath’s seven different pools, all beautifully decorated with glistening tiles. Water temperature varies in each, so you can wallow in the warm pools and then wake yourself up with an icy dip. For an afternoon of ultimate indulgence, upgrade to include a traditional Arabian massage with natural aromatherapy oils.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat. No services apply at the spa
- Swimming costumes are mandatory at the bath and towels and lockers are available
- Males and females bath in the same area
- The order of the visit can be changed to any unexpected circumstances. In order to facilitate these changes, your visit may be offered in two different languages
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 1-hour session at Hammam Al Andalus
- Quiromassage and aromatherapy (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Transport from Alhambra to the Hammam
Hotel pick-up between 9:15am and 9:45am
Tour starts between 10am and 10:15am
Your centrally located Granada hotel or Alhambra
7.5 - 8 hours
Your Alhambra tour finishes at between 1 and 1:30pm. You are then required to make your own way to the Hammam for a 6pm start, which will conclude at approximately 7:30pm