Indulge your taste buds with this chocolate and sweets small-group walking tour in Barcelona! Learn about the important tradition of pastries and chocolate in Spain as you visit different patisseries and cafés with your local guide. Explore Barcelona's main sweet locations, in the Gothic and El Born quarters, and enjoy six different tastings of a variety of Spanish treats, such as 'ensaimadas,' 'melindros' and 'churros'.This small-group tour, limited to 10 people, ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Treat yourself with a delicious and unforgettable walking tour of Barcelona! Meet your guide in central Barcelona and start your tour with a visit to the café-patisserie, where you will enjoy few of the oldest and traditional Spanish sweets .
As you discover different types of sweets and chocolates, your guide will explain how the sweets tradition in Spain started in monasteries centuries ago, when nuns would create elaborate homemade delicacies.
Next, follow your guide through the charming alleyways of the Gothic quarter, where most patisseries, chocolate shops and cafés are located, and where locals gather for a sweet treat. Learn from your guide how chocolate became such a big tradition in Barcelona and take this opportunity to taste some traditional cocoa.
Enjoy the blend of sweet aromas as you continue your tour toward the El Born district and the beautiful Church of Santa Maria del Mar.
Getting close to the end of your tour you will taste one of the very typical Spanish Christmas nougat, turrón. It has persisted in Spanish tradition for over five centuries and is considered one of the favorites Spanish sweets. Finish your tour with a visit to traditional bar which is popular among locals. Here you will taste Spanish hot chocolate accompanied by a churros.
Please note: tasting locations and food samples may vary according to season.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Minimum age for wine tastings is 18 years
- Children under four years go free, but will not get any food tastings
- Tasting locations and food samples may vary according to season.
- Food samples may contain egg and nuts
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Food tasting (8 samples)
- 1 hot chocolate with churros
- 2 small cakes
- 1 glass of sweet wine
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Central Barcelona, near the Liceu metro stop
2 hours 30 minutes
Concludes in Gothic Quarter
Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays